Since the US government introduced the HIPAA legislation, companies who work with the healthcare industry have been under pressure to provide their staff with high-quality training. We work in allegiance with a top Los Angeles law firm to present HIPAA training with a difference, engaging your staff in a way that is memorable, funny and effective!!!
Our interactive scenarios include the following situations;
• You’re approached by a competitor to fix costs; how do you respond (learning objective; anti-competition laws)
• Declining gifts and saying ‘no’ to a bribe
• Providing a sensitive discharge for a patient
• Responding to a patient who demands access to their records (ie “I know my rights”)
• How to tell a colleague not to access patient information
Some of the key benefits to your business include:
• You’ll complete HIPAA compliance
• Your staff will learn
• Your patients will feel secure
• Awareness of Phi (Protected Health Information) procedures:
• What HIPAA is and how to work with it
• When it’s ok and not ok to look at Phi
• How to respond to complaints when Phi has been breached
• Reporting a compliance violation
PHI – Protected Health Information
HIPAA – Health Information Portability and Accountability Act (enacted by Congress in 1996).
HITECH – the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (Feb 17th 2010).